The Exhibition:

AMERICANBRITS
An exhibition of abstract artwork by American/British artists Tina Mammoser and Rodney Beecher

14-19 January 2013
Gallery 27
Cork Street, London, W1S 3NG
Click to view location map
Open 10-6 daily, late 'til 8pm Thurs/Fri

16 January 2013

Moving to Britain and art

Detail from "Resound"
Acrylic painting on canvas by Tina Mammoser
How has moving to Britain changed or influenced your work?

Rodney:
“What has changed most is the light. Even though I paint in a studio under artificial light it is still darker and greyer which affects my choice of colour and mood.”

Tina:
“I started working here so am not sure I can answer this regarding painting. I used to draw a lot since high school so I suppose any change in creativity has been a slow movement away from exactitude. Not entirely away from realism but relaxing the need for perfection and capturing ideas and impressions instead.”

No comments:

Post a Comment